A work led by Nathan Griswold
Nov 05, 2022, 8:00 PM
The Windmill Arts Center, 2823 Church St, East Point, GA 30344, USA
A dance work by Nathan Griswold. Presented and supported by Fly on a Wall.
Friday, November 4th @ 8pm
Saturday, November 5th @ 8pm
Sunday, November 6th @ 4pm
@ The Windmill Arts Center
2823 Church Street
East Point, GA 30344
- General admission tickets: $20
- Drinks and snacks available by donation.
- Sponsored by Cathead Vodka!
Tile is a dance theater piece that plays with the plasticity of our memories. Over the past two and a half years Nathan Griswold and the collaborators have shared cultural, and personal memories that have become the source material for this evening. While these memories might appear concrete, with each recollection our mind makes minor edits to these saved moments. Over time and tellings, the memory moves away from being absolute truth and becomes something unique to our minds.
Tile creates an environment where memories can be displayed and manipulated. Through theatrical conventions, and virtuosity the audience will experience an evening of contemporary stagecraft. Ideally, this will present the opportunity for an audience member to not only enjoy the perfunctory aesthetic of the piece but to also recall memory and recognize their own will upon that recollection.
Tile contains content from multiple disciplines. Team Member Nicholas Goodly has been instrumental in crafting the verbiage and prose of the piece. Team Member Christina J Massad has contributed as a dancer and also as the videographer for the work. Sound artist PTAR, a.k.a. Rogue Jury, created an original electronic score for the evening. All dance artists, Leo Briggs, Christina Massad, Darvensky Louis, Walter Apps and Jenna Latham collaborated on the physical movement. William “freakylamps” Kennedy executed the creation of the lighting fixtures for the evening. Concept, composition, choreographic lead, and video editing by Nathan Griswold.
"In the not-so-distant future, this piece will be a memory. The memory will change with each recollection. Each new retrieval will lay adjacent to the last, creating a surface for an undefinable sensation of the experience." -Nathan Griswold
Know Before You Go:
- The performance will take place in the Black Box Theater at The Windmill Arts Center
- The performance is 75 minutes with no intermission.
- The performance contains live and recorded text, as well as loud music and static sounds throughout.
- The performance does not include any fog or haze.
- Though there are no strobe lights in the performance, the work utilizes rapid light changes, and the light often shines into the audience.
- The Windmill Arts Center is an ADA compliant building, for more information about the building please visit https://www.thewindmillatl.com
- There is a small parking lot at The Windmill Arts Center and we prioritize those with ADA accessible needs. If you need an accessible parking space, and didn’t select the option when you were checking out of the ticket purchase, please contact Christina Massad at Christina@flyonawall.buzz. Your ADA accessible parking space will be clearly labeled with your name. Please follow signs to enter the building.
- Additional street parking can be found along Thompson Street, next to The Windmill Arts Center. Please do not park in the surrounding parking lots of other businesses.
- If you have any specific accessibility needs, please contact Christina Massad at Christina@flyonawall.buzz
- Drinks and snacks will be available by donation
This ticket is for Tile on Saturday, November 5th at 8pm